Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Special Education (Glee) Overview

Sectionals here we come! Ok this episode was a very good exposé of the self-centered collective of people that New Directions has become this season. In switching up the typical set list of a Finnchel duet, Rachel solo and then upbeat group number the group was thrown  into a tailspin. Everyone was so worried about whether or not they'd be singing the solos that they forgot their purpose of being a team.

Santana, without reservations, finally revealed the truth of her and Finn's relations to Rachel. It's been a long time coming and we knew it had to be addressed but I wasn't looking forward to it. I am so in love with Finn and Rachel together but Rachel has become a mega-diva drama queen this season. I think their win at sectionals last year and the realization that she is one of the bigger stars of the group has gone to her head. They went to go see Emma in attempt to fix the cracks but when Rachel tells Finn that she made out with Puck to get back at him later in the episode, he breaks it off. Though I am heartbroken, it's for a good cause. To me their relationship has been just a little too good to be true so far and this was a good dose of reality. I don't anticipate it lasting long because of the way they were looking at each other during "Dog Days Are Over" (LOVE LOVE LOVE). They obviously love each other and their feelings are not just going to go away. *See season one*

In happier news, for some, Carl and Emma got married! They went to Vegas and got hitched while the club was away at sectionals. Obviously, Mr. Schue is not in love with this event but I think the Wemma ship has sailed. I mean, they are total opposites and while that screams "let's be together" to most people, I am not sold on why they like each other. It vaguely reminds me of Twilight. Eww, I just made a Twilight reference.

In any event, at sectionals the solo went to Santana with a lovely cover of "Valerie", a song I have never heard of but really like. The show opened with a very cute Sam+Quinn duet of "(I've Had) The Time Of My Life". Basically the same choreography of Finn+Rachel's "Faithfully" from regionals last season but who really notices that. During Santana's solo, Brittany and Mike got to stand in the spotlight with a very large dance number. The Warblers did a cover of "Hey, Soul Sister" which I think I would've enjoyed more if I hadn't played that song a hundred times for marching band. The show resulted in a tie between the two clubs which means they will both be going to regionals. Which makes sense so that Kurt will also get to go. Maybe by then he'll transfer back to McKinley.

No comments:

Post a Comment